Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2 Poems

I found some poems I wrote last year in two notebooks.The first poem was written during my cousin's wake. I was alone that day. The visitors were scarce. The second poem I wrote after Valentine's day, also last year. It details an emotion that was waiting to explode that time. Enjoy!


Regret

Ask me what the leaves say
together with the wind -

Ask me what that voiceless wind
says as it settles over noon -

Ask me what an opal sky carries
in its early summer cape -

Ask me why white cotton candy clouds
dissipate under a hot butter sun -

Ask me why the birds hide
in the shadows of tree branches -

Ask me all these things now
before the music of the rustling
brittle leaves is done,

then the day ends -
and you gone.

-- for Jong, RIP
January 23, 2008





Suspicion

I will resist the devil
charging electrically through
my fragile synapses
about some thoughts
that poke my suspicion
whether you just lent
the yellow hanger
that carries his maroon towel
or it just took too long
for you to converse
with him in careful
whispers last night
or the frequency you drank
water from the second floor
when you usually never did,
or the way you described how
he looks more handsome
the longer you stare at him -
I will resist the devil
like a lost soul resists
burning in his own cauldron.


-- February 20, 2008

No comments: